Another recipe from my grandmother. My early memories as a kid was playing with the wet flower after soaking it.
Jamaica or Hibiscus sabdariffa L.was brought to Mexico from Africa during the colonial days, it has now become one of the most cultivated crops in Mexico. The benefits of Jamaica make me wanna shout out and tell everyone I love about its goodness.
Got high blood pressure? Cholesterol? Water retention? Parasites? Thirst? Jamaica is a refreshing remedy. Again, Im no doctor so consult your health provider. The recipe is very facil and muy versatile you may want to use as a mixer in cocktails, warm tea or kombucha.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 Ounces of Organic Jamaica
- 1 gallon of Clean Water– I use Beyond 02
- Organic Sugar. Sweetner
- Seep Leaves in water for at least 3 Hours or Bring water to a boil add leaves for 10 minutes.
- Strain the beautiful ruby Jamaica tea into a pitcher
- Add Sugar to taste, or sweetner. The more sugar you add the less nutritional it becomes.
- Add ice chunks
- Serve Chilled.
- Fill your Kombucha in a clean bottle 80%
- Using a plastic funnel add 20% to the bottle
- close tight
- allow to ferment for a few days outside the fridge,
- chill and drink